Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 20, 2011

Twenty Peso challenge

I can never spoil my son because I know in the end he will be the one who will benefit from it.

He wanted a lego starwars and I told him that I can't afford to give him that cause my work is not sufficient. He told me "What if I work for you?" Hmm. An idea that I could not resist.

So, one day, I asked him to work for me. His task is to help me clean the table, put the squidballs on stick. Prepare all the food that we need in the store. For 3 hours of working I'll give him 20 pesos.

After 2 hours, he asked me "So mommy, is my work done?"
I answered " Nope. Not yet. you still have an hour."
"What? how many hours pa?"
"One more hour." Then I smiled
"Can I sit and talk to you? La pa naman ako work eh." As we sit he started talking about his work. "Hirap pala work noh. Napapagod ako. I'm tired. It's not easy!"
I smiled. "Anak, you see mommy has too work hard to help daddy in sending you to school and paying the bills. It would require for me to leave you sometimes so I can work. I hope you understand."

"Mommy, I understand po. Thank you for letting me work. Now I understand it is not easy."

Now my son keeps his first salary and doesnt want to use it until he saves up so he can buy his lego star wars. Now he takes care of his toys.

I know I did the right thing.He knows how to value his money now. =)

0 comments: